As I glance out the window, I see clouds and remnants of lots of rain! A cold front has found its way down here. I am wearing sweater turtleneck as I type! (Yes, I am cold natured!) What a difference from just a few days ago.
I am participating in Thankful Thursday over at Truth 4 the Journey. Join us there as we share things in our lives that we are thankful for. See my sidebar for the button to take you there!
1) I am thankful that the boys have no school for the next two days due to fall break! No carpool! (I'm a little selfish here!)
2) I am thankful that my entire family has had the flu shot.
3) I am thankful that Child #2 is on a church retreat to the beach. He needs some down time, He's carrying a tough load this junior year--AP classes galore!
4) I am thankful for my friend, Robin, who is going to ride a 1000 (yes, thousand!!!!!) miles to raise awareness for cancer research. She leaves on Sunday--I will be there to see the team off, will take pictures and have a website for tracking and praying!! These people are amazing!
5) I am thankful for all of the prayers for my Mama! Y'all are so sweet! She goes back to the surgeon in the morning for results from the biopsy and to have stitches removed. Please continue to pray for Mama Lib! Thank you! Update (10/16/09): Talked to my parents who just got home from the doctor. The biopsy showed cancer but in a very limited area. She caught it quickly with the self-examination. They were given 3 options. One is to do nothing. Two is to simply have chemo. Three is to be aggressive, have the breast removed and take 4-6 weeks of radiation. They are leaning toward #3 as am I! Please continue to keep them both in your prayers. We are all very much at peace and know that God is in control. :)
6) ---I added one more!! I am thankful that I have my very first photo shoot on Saturday with an adorable 20 moth old in a pumpkin patch! I am thankful that God is providing opened doors for this passion of mine to photograph others. He provides beautiful people and things to photograph....I can't go wrong as long as I stay focused on Him.