Sunday, June 28, 2009

Post #99--Scenes from the Beach

In the morning , O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 5:3

Isn't it great to know that God hears our voice each and every morning? Is our voice one of peace and relaxation? Or, is it peppered with anxiety and worry? God encourages us to lay our burdens at His footstool each day--maybe several times a day in order to receive that peace. Have you been to the Lord this morning?

While on vacation, a slower paced morning meant that I had plenty of time to spend with God before the day began. I could read my devotionals, spend time in the Bible and journal my prayers without hearing the clock ticking to remind me of another carpool session. It was lovely!
We spent hours on the beach digging holes!! And playing in them, and re-digging the next day after the tides had washed away our tunnels and army trenches.
We had time to leisurely stroll down to a creek and see the alligator pop out of the murky green water in expectation of a late afternoon snack!!! (No, not the kids!! Just cheese crackers!!)
Time--it was on our side! As I type this, I have already taken the boys and myself to cross country practice (I ran with some of the newbie young girls--they were precious!). We then drove to swim team practice. I ran again--at my pace and with my ipod and lost myself in my "She Speaks" talk that is coming up in 30 days!! Now, it's almost 11:00, and I still haven't had my entire quiet time. But, it is still morning, and the heat outside is still on "low!" I plan on sneaking out to my back porch and laying my requests before my God and King while it's still morning--dirty running clothes and all!
Y'all have a beautiful day! BTW, the little boy in the photo is my nephew--he's a trip! Love that child!

Blessings!

12 comments:

Empty Nest Full Life said...

I love those days at the beach. So much more relaxed and time spent focusing on God. I love the beach in the fall. That is my favorite time of the year. The weather is just right. You might even get to wrap a blanket around you on the beach. Ok got to quit dreaming of the beach and get a little housework done. Have a great week. Jackie

Sharon Sloan said...

Wow! Love the pictures! That one of the alligator is kind of....scary! Great shot!

Happy 99th! Can't wait for 100th!

Yolanda said...

Children, they are absolutely precious. God Time, doesn't get much better, does it Friend?

Love to you,
Yolanda

christy rose said...

Oh that picture of the big hole in the sand starting to fill up with water brought back memories of when we went to the beach in SC a few years ago. We did the same thing over and over again. It was really fun, even for me.
Your pictures were great!

Kelly said...

Glad you are having a ball! Keep it up.

And remember the coyote story? Remember to RUN AWAY from wild animals...not stop & snap their picture. (Smile).

Be safe & have fun.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Girl, I have had a day! Busy from the get go only now returning from a 140 mile round trip this evening to speak at a ladies' gathering at our former church. Such rich remembrances of our time there; God's really been moving in the hearts of these women lately. It humbles me to be allowed an evening in their lives to share the word of God.

I need some quiet time with God and am going to take it as I can in the morning.

I love your new canvas bins! You are so very creative. I pray you sell at least a thousand of them by the time She Speaks rolls around. Hope the talk is coming together for you. Let me know if I can help.

peace~elaine

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

I just returned home from a camping trip and had a similar experience. Each morning, my quiet time was not a rushed affair. Rather, I was able to sit quietly, before the kids woke up, and read my Bible and journal my thoughts in the cool morning air.

I need to duplicate that here at home.

(Glad to hear your kids weren't alligator snacks!) :-)

Carolina Mama said...

What a great time you all are having. Great pictures.

katiegfromtennessee said...

Hey Susan, Runner Mom!:)

Thanks for posting in my blog. I am from North Knoxville. Your relatives are closeby:) I enjoyed reading this post. I do love a good quiet time!:)

Blessings to you,

katiegfromtennessee

Love Being A Nonny said...

I read in one of your posts that you were looking for the magnifying sunglasses. Did you find them? I broke mine and I am desperate to find another pair!!!

Gotta Run..... said...

Your boys are getting bigger and bigger. love beach pictures! I have my camera ready :))

Joyful said...

Glad you had such a great time. I see those orange bathing trunks really did come up clean!!!! WOW!

Love ya,
Joy