Tuesday, June 23, 2009

My QT Place--the Backporch

I'm linking up with a new friend--she's so cute! Edie from Life in Grace is hosting a redo for your patio. Edie's gotten into the spray paint and has had a glorious time by the looks of things!She has some really cute ideas as do the other gals who have linked up. Hop over there and check it out when you can.
Well, I DO NOT have a patio, but I do have a great back porch! Take a look at the top picture. If you notice the little lime green table with the pink polka dots and a flamingo planter on it, you will see my redo! It was on my grandmother's porch when my Mama was growing up. It is a true antique! It used to be an ugly green, but I painted it a fun and funky green!! The second picture is what I see from my plastic (Nope, not the real wood!!) Adirondack chair when I have my quiet time. And those phlox smell lovely! SO, no painting outside recently.I HAVE been busy painting my little canvases inside my house to sell!! I'm trying to save my nickels and pennies to purchase a new camera, people! And, they "ain't" cheap!

I promise to get to the back porch--hang on a second with me! Speaking of hand-painted canvases, I'm going to be giving one away--probably next week!! Would you like one? For free??? I'm going to be celebrating my ONE HUNDREDTH POST at the end of next week and would love to give one of my sweet peeps a prize! I can't believe that I've stuck with blogging for almost a year now! I have had a ball getting to know y'all. And, the things that you have taught me--thank you! I wish that I could give you all a big hug! So, be on the lookout next week for my announcement.

OK--back porch again! This is actually the quietest place I have to get away and spend time with God. I even keep a fleece blanket out there for cool mornings. Now, if it's freezing cold and a hard wind is blowing, you will find me curled up in a comfy chair INSIDE the house!!
I want to share what my scripture this morning was. "But I am like an olive tree flourishing in the house of God; I trust in God's unfailing love for ever and ever. I will praise you forever for what you have done; in your name I will hope, for your name is good. I will praise you in the presence of your saints." Ps. 52:8-9. Friends, the only way that I will flourish like that olive tree is to have a relationship with God. For me, it has to be intentional planning! I have to plan to meet with Him in a quiet place on a regular basis in order to know Him. It just doesn't "happen." Life does happen....we all know that! I desire to know Him better, and the only way is by prayer, reading His Love Letter to me, and growing my faith with other Christians walking the same path. We're at different places along this journey, but we're all headed in the same direction! Praise Him!
So, I encourage you to grab your Bible and head out to the patio, back porch or deck early in the morning--before the rest of your darlin' families need you!! Spend some time with the one who loves you with an "unfailing love."

Hugs!

22 comments:

TRUTH SHARER said...

I just read that Scripture from Psalm 52 yesterday... Wow - I'm jealous - your Phlox are blooming early!! What state are you in again? Here in NJ - they don't bloom til late July - early August!
I have so many quiet places the Lord has given me to be with Him. My front porch in the morning - the back porch in the afternoon. It's wherever the SUN is - that I move toward. In SHEPHERD'S WALK - it's always in the Sanctuary Circle!

Thanks for sharing......

Choosing JOY, Stephanie

edie said...

I love your space Susan.....and I especially love that you take advantage of it for some sweet quiet time. And those plastic adirondacks are great. Love your table redo as well!

Thanks so much for linking up and for your kind words!

Hugs,
Ms.Edie

Kathleen said...

Prayer closets are best decorated with nature's trappings! No wonder you love your quasi-patio. It's beautiful.

I spend a lot of time outdoors here in Arizona, though less so now that temps are on the rise. I could stare for hours at plants, and birds, and cactus.

Thank you for sharing such a great encouragement.

Kathleen

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

What a lovely place to be.

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Your back porch looks like just the right spot. It is so hot out back at our house even in the AM. Heat index will probably be in the 100's. Love the purple flowers! So glad you have been around for 100 posts. Looking forward to more inspirational words from you. Looking forward to your giveaway to. Jackie

Sharon Sloan said...

Oh I love seeing pix of your QT place! Looks delightful!

You are inspiring me to be more adventurous. Unless I am on vacation, I always have my QT at my dining room table.

Happy Almost 100th Blog Post...Wow!

Kelly said...

I have 2 brightly colored chairs like that too (not plastic). Mine are red & blue.

Happy almost 100th!

And I have a bloggie friend named Edie too, and there can't be alot of them! She's at
www.richgifts.blogspot.com

See ya!

Danielle said...

Love your QT space. My only problem with that... bugs! I am such a freak, it's horrible. The older I get, the more baby-ish I get. Sad, I know.

But that is why, one day, I will have a screened in porch.LOL Even if it's only big enough for a chair and me!

Your words of encouragement are wonderful and I look forward to coming back for more.

Congrats on your almost 100th post!

Danielle said...

Love your QT space. My only problem with that... bugs! I am such a freak, it's horrible. The older I get, the more baby-ish I get. Sad, I know.

But that is why, one day, I will have a screened in porch.LOL Even if it's only big enough for a chair and me!

Your words of encouragement are wonderful and I look forward to coming back for more.

Congrats on your almost 100th post!

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Oh Susan-I just WISH my patio looked like yours! Beautiful colors and the flowers are gorgeous too! That is my project for next year. This year are trying not to spend an extra dime until I get myself working again. Looks great!

~Misti

christy rose said...

Susan, I love my porch too! It is most definitely my place of quiet time with the Lord. Your porch is beautiful!
Christy

Gotta Run..... said...

OMG - I just watched the video and I can totally see what you were saying. Funny.

Don't know how I missed it or even your last post for that matter. That sure was a TON of dirty clothes!

Porch time is a needed thing! I love how you post just like you talk. Very cute.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Susan, love your porch! Wish I had a covered porch too & I would SO do my quiet time out there too. Enjoy your cute little table!

Unknown said...

Awwww..look at you with your lil cute self. I love your new look. Hope you are having a wonderful summer~

Tricia said...

Love your quiet spot. I love the path with split rail.
It looks like a great place to relax.
*Tricia

gina said...

Love the polka dotted table- what fun!!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

This week, my back porch consists of my beloved mountains in Gatlinburg. And while there have been plenty of chaotic moments, there also have been some moments of beautiful pause with God.

Thanks for checking in. I love your back porch and hope to get there sometime soon.

peace~elaine

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

Super Cute Table! Looking forward to your 100th post. XOXO~Marci

Kristen said...

LOVE your little God spot! It's just darling! Came at a good time... I took pics of my yard and had a little Garden party on my blog! Congrats on the upcoming 100 post!

My back patio and my front porch are two favorite quiet time areas of mine!

I have to be intentional too. I was just saying to myself today "I have not been good about my God time in the mornings, it has to be a priorty!"
Hugs!

On Purpose said...

Nothing like sitting with the Creator in the middle of His beautiful creation...Amen!

Yolanda said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!

Joyful said...

Susan, I would love to have my quiet time outside before my family rises. I get up at 5:45am every morning to start my day in His Word, but I must say...it's still mighty chilly outside some mornings at 6am in these here parts!!!! Maybe before the summer is over I'll be out there. My husband just put up a canopy "thingy" over our back patio, so it would be a perfect spot in the morning with a warm cup of coffee.

Your "place of quiet rest" looks so inviting!
Hugs,
Joy