Monday, March 9, 2009

Can You Spell "Acclimation?"

The past 72 hours have been a whirlwind in which the Holy Spirit gently kept spinning and spinning and spinning! I want to thank all of you who lifted up our Women's Retreat on Saturday. Y'all, God was everywhere!!!!Praise Him! And let me tell you, He loves to have a good time just like His children! The weather was perfect, the food was delicious, the location was beautiful, and the WORD was awesome! Here are a couple of pictures...how would you like to have your Quiet Time here everyday?
My precious friend, Lori, led the worship in song! I could just listen to her sing all day long! And she does a great Mandisa!!! (BTW, Do you see those scrumptious croissants on the table? That was snack number 1!)Another friend took some great pics that she emailed me this morning, but I haven't had time to add them to my collection!! I'll share more later!

Coming off of retreats and other "mountain top" experiences can leave you a little wiped out. I had planned on a nice little nap Sunday after church....didn't happen! Long story short, we --Hubby and I --wound up cooking supper for the youth last night. And what did we feed those middle and senior high kids? Breakfast! Have you ever fixed 8 dozen eggs and pounds of grits and a dozen packages of bacon...all at once? It was quite an experience let me tell you!

This morning, I planned on getting my run in for the day...not a long one, but at a strong pace. The weather here has done a 360 since last Monday--snow, ice, no electricity! I started with the temps at 65. (An hour later, it's 74!). My little body was in shock!!! I felt dehydrated and out of sorts! My body is not acclimated to the warmer temps yet!

Do we get so used to being in our comfort zone that when changes occur, our body, soul and mind go bananas? We struggle with things that we don't have on our agendas. It wasn't in our plan for the day. Not on my checklist. This scripture from my devotional this morning really jumped out at me. It's Matthew 6:33"...seek first his--not Susan's--kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."

We need to realize that becoming acclimated to God's plans, timing, and outcomes is simply trusting Him completely. We have to let go and let God!

I'll be back on Wednesday for my Decorating Dilemma! Y'all gave some of the cutest ideas for me last week. I haven't had a minute to decorate though! If it's God's will, I'll get some errands run today! Maybe some fun fabric, ribbon, etc.!! I just love to make stuff--just not cook!

Many Blessings,

12 comments:

Gotta Run..... said...

I am glad that you had a great weekend. You did sound a little tired when we spoke yesterday and now I know why :)

To think... all these years I thought you were Mrs. Betty Crocker...lol!!

I am still looking at the plan.... maybe I will toe the line. We will see...fun times!

Yolanda said...

I bet you all just had the greatest time with God!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

"Do we get so used to being in our comfort zone that when changes occur, our body, soul and mind go bananas?"

Ummmm...yes and yes and yes. You've read today's post. Mind is completely bombarded today, but I'm all over it. The enemy is launching an attack, but my God is greater.

Beautiful thoughts, and yes, I would like some quiet time on that lake!

peace~elaine

Kelly said...

Out of sorts - between the time change and the warm day, I took a nap this afternoon. I'm exhausted! So I know what you mean.

As a control freak, I get out of sorts when God changes MY plans to HIS plans (even though His of course are better). Working on it!

Beth Herring said...

Glad you had a great weekend. I see your name all the runner mom and wish that could be me! I can't run though - i am just pitiful!!

Glad you were blessed.

Beth

Melanie said...

I'm so glad the retreat went well!
Acclimating now in progress...
Melanie@Bella~Mella

Unknown said...

That is my FAVORITE verse, sometimes I think I need to have it tattooed on my forearm.
Glad you had a blessed retreat.

KelliGirl said...

Praise God for an awesome retreat! I pray you hold on to your mountaintop experience throughout the week. I am so happy that God is using you to really bring His glory to the women in your church.

Even as the seasons change we acclimate to new schedules, activities and weather. This past year I had to acclimate to some big changes. I'll tell you there was a lot of sweating, whining and resisting going on!

Hugs my friend,
Kelli

Sharon Sloan said...

Oh, praise the Lord! Rejoicing with you! So glad to read this and hear a bit of how He worked this past weekend! Thanks for reaching out for prayer! :)

Many hugs and happy dances,
Sharon

Paula V said...

Oh my word, did you have the pans/skillets for the 8 dozen eggs and dozen pkgs of bacon? Wow..I bet your kitchend smelled heavenly.

Glad you had such a wonderful retreat. Yes, the enemy does love to TRY to knock us off our mountaintop experience. It's something to be expected and for which to be prepared.

Thanks for sharing.
Love,
Paula

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Wish I had been there. I know it must have been a wonderful time. I am learning this week, that my plans and what I plan for are not always the plans that God has for me. Mine have definitely taken a 360 this week too. Did you get to sub yet. I am scheduled for the remainder of the week, if those plans don't change to, and they very well may. Jackie

Pistolmom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.