Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Most Sincere Pumpkin Patch....NEEDED






I love pumpkins. I love fall. I love the cooler weather that we are FINALLY having at night.(I love running in the cooler weather too!)

These pictures were taken last year at a church pumpkin patch. Some of my first shoots actually! I love the excitement of the little boy exploring the pumpkins and finally, the exhaustion after choosing his one little pumpkin. It took him quite a while to make up his mind!
Join me at Darcy's to see other wonderful pictures.

Last week, I sat down at the computer to research the charities that our high school is going to support in the winter during Spirit Week. One was very near and dear to my heart. A precious friend of mine--running buddy and sister in Christ--and her husband adopted a darling little girl a couple of years ago. They noticed that her speech was a bit delayed, but that is nothing new with overseas adoptions. One thing that they did notice was that she loved noise....banging empty plastic coke bottles was her favorite thing to do. Time passed, and things had not changed, so they took action. After observations from doctors, therapists, etc., it was determined that she was autistic.

We have a school not far from here that is just for kids with autism. It is a wonderful place, a place of hope. When I watched the video online, my heart was filled! I could feel the Holy Spirit prompting me to do something. I wasn't sure what, but I knew that in His timing, the Lord would let me know! And, He did!

After much prayer and research, I want to use my photography as a ministry to help raise money for Project Hope. I want to have mini sessions of pictures in....you guessed it!! A pumpkin patch! All of the sitting fees will go to support this ministry.

Yesterday, I sent a letter to a large church in town that has an awesome pumpkin patch. I explained who I was and what I wanted to do (borrow their pumpkins!). And, since they use the proceeds of the pumpkins to support missions, everyone would benefit.

Just one little thing.....I haven't heard back from them yet! That's where y'all come in! Would you mind praying for the Lord to provide a pumpkin patch for these photo sessions? It might not be the one that I contacted yesterday. But, October is "a comin', " and I need a field of lovely orange pumpkins. So, if you wouldn't mind, I would greatly appreciate it!!! I'll let you know when God lets me know.
Sweet blessings,

15 comments:

KelliGirl said...

Susan
What wonderful pictures! Little ones and pumpkin patches are a surefire winner. Great idea for raising money. I'm praying for a most sincere pumpkin patch to come your way!
Happy almost Fall!
Love ya
Kelli

Diana said...

What a Sweet Shot! It feels like Autumn is in the air. ~Diana

Beth E. said...

Those are great pics, Susan, and a worthy cause for your fundraiser.

God will supply the place - and the pumpkins - in His timing!

Hugs...

Andrea said...

LOVE the idea! LOVE the pics :) Wish we lived closer, I would love pics of my boys with a pumpkin patch, how fun would that be?! ;)
Will be praying for you.

Andrea said...

:) We live in Virginia Beach, a bit of a trek to Roanoke. But if I am ever out middle VA area, I will contacting you!
If you're ever in the mood for the beach you let me know. :)

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

A stunning, gracious, beautiful idea from a stunning, gracious, beautiful heart of love. Yes, I'll pray. Let me know what happens.

I love you.

peace~elaine

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

Praying for your pumpkins Susan! I love this idea, it's inspired and generous, right from your heart... just the way God loves us to be!

Hugs!

Lou said...

Lifting this up in prayer now, Susan. Bless you for being open to recieve this... I hope you hear back from the church soon!

Love, Lou

Lisa Smith said...

Saying a prayer right now and praying God continues to use in mighty ways!!

Susan said...

Oh Susan!

What a tender giving heart you have. I love your idea.

When I'm ready, (understand my camera and more secure) I want to use my photograhy as a MINISTRY too.

I'm thinking of taking pictures of families at St. Jude. (as you know my son is a patient there).

Bless your heart. These were some AWESOME pictures.

That little boy is a doll!!

sister sheri said...

Anticipating the outcome... praying!

Mary Singer Wick said...

Oh Susan, what wonderful ways the Lord uses you in your creativity. This is amazing! Thanks for your comments on my Italy post. I'm not on FB, but I can email you Snapfish photos if you like, just let me know!

Praying for your endeavors to bless the name of Jesus in a mighty way,

Mary

patty said...

what a beautiful thing, susan. and i'm so sorry i haven't been here in a while. life kinda pulled the rug outta me for a bit... i'm using my runner's endurance to withstand and to keep going... ugh. ...

any chance you are going ot blissdom in nashville in january?

Beth Herring said...

oh, what a precious picture! praying that you will get that pumpkin patch call!

Gaby said...

Your kids are soooooooooooooo cute!! I know I maybe like the 50th person to say that but I mean it!!!
My blog theworldoflafantasia.blogspot.com