Tuesday, September 21, 2010

God's Plan, Not Mine!

" Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. "

Hebrews 12:1


I loved how the sun was at an angle where you really needed a hand above your eye for shade so that you could see what's ahead. Child #2 was running the race that had been planned on a course that had been well-marked. When we are unsure of our plan and our course, we have the tendency to look to ourselves or others for the answer. Having faith is what's needed--and relying on that faith to see us through those twists and turns when the sun is keeping us from seeing what lies ahead is what's needed. If you've never read the book of Hebrews, especially chapter 7, I encourage you to do so. So many examples of faithful servants are found there.



Last Tuesday, I posted about needing a pumpkin patch. Y'all, I prayed all week about that and had others praying as well. By yesterday at noon, I still had not heard a thing from the one church that I had contacted. Obviously, it was not God's plan. A couple of friends had suggested that I try another pumpkin patch on the other side of town. It was actually the one that I used last year.



When I spoke to their youth director--the pumpkin patch is a mission project for the youth--she was quiet for a second. I thought, "Oops, this is not the one either Lord!" Then the words flowed, and I stood in amazement of our Holy Father--as did she! She told me that they had been praying about having a photographer come and take pics of the children and families in the patch! Coincidence? No way!!! It was God's way in His timing--I was just a week early with the first attempt! We were so excited to see His hand in this entire plan! I love how He can simply blow us away sometimes! Mercy!


Pumpkin patch pics start next week!!!


Join me at Darcy's for more pictures to enjoy for Sweet Shot Tuesday.



Sweet blessings,

10 comments:

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

So refreshing to read today how God works things out! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Marilyn...in Mississippi

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

How precious Susan! I've got goose bumps!! :)

Sharon Sloan said...

Oh I just love that testimony!! Wow! And I can't wait to see the pictures!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

There our God goes again... showing off! How I love him...

peace~elaine

patty said...

beautiful!!! :)

i'm giving you a month's heads' up... would you like to guest post for me on a monday in nov on running? it would be part of my restoring jane series that i'm planning to pick up again (next week, but) with a series on breast cancer for oct... let me know!!

Rhonda Schrock said...

Love a God that pulls off surprises like that! Love your title, too (runner mom), 'cause that's what I am. When my schedule allows, that is.

I also love raising boys - four, to be exact, so I am identifying with you on many levels.

Happy fall!

sister sheri said...

LOVE it! Thank you for sharing the answer... I have been learning to pray... and then watch for the answer!

Beth E. said...

That's awesome! Looking forward to seeing some pictures. :-)

Angela Baylis said...

How cool!
Angie xoxo

Empty Nest Full Life said...

God is good isn't he? I love it when he so easily does what I fret about, often times not in the way that I expect. Beautiful pictures from last year. What a cute little fellow. Check out my surprise that I just posted. Off to sub tomorrow and Friday. Jackie