Sunday, July 27, 2008

Tag...Who's It Now?

Ok, I was tagged yesterday by Lee! Obviously, I didn't hurry because I didn't read my blog until after church this morning! Sorry, Lee! Moving a little slowly down here in SC!

Six random things about me....I'll do my best! Ready, set, go!!!

1) Link to the person who tagged you http://scrunnermom.blogspot.com/
2) Post the rules on your blog (copy and paste 1-6)
3) Write 6 random things about yourself
4) Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them
5) Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog. (Go! Hurry!)6) Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Alrighty, six RANDOM things about moi!

1) I was adopted as an infant.
2) My husband was also adopted as an infant. We were both born at the same hospital and delivered by the same doctor a year apart!
3) I do not like chocolate!! I don't like the taste or smell of it! I never have! When I was pregnant with both children, the smell of it would just about do me in!
4) I am an ultra marathon trail runner...ultras are any distance longer than 26.2 miles. I fell in love with running on trails last year instead of the roads. Trails are easier on the knees! You're also in the woods, and I feel closer to God while enjoying His creation.
5) I enjoy photography...I love taking pics of nature and of course, my family.
6) When I was in high school, I was the only cheerleader on my squad that could do a Chinese split! Not any more...I'm too old!!!

Hope these are random enough tidbits about me :). Looking forward to hearing about the girls that I tag!! Remember to copy the directions on your blog so that others will know what on earth you're doing!! This makes for an eay and fun blog. Have fun :)!

Here are the gals that I tagged:

Robin is a running maniac! I just love her! We've spent hours together of running, traveling, and talking. Her blog gives me insight as to how intense and postive she is about her training.

Kelley is a new friend that I "almost" met at She Speaks! She's from Kansas and has lots of children :). Kelley is designing my new blog!! I can't wait to get it up and running. She's a very talented lady!

Joy is my new friend from Canada! We met at She Speaks in June. She was the very first person that I saw and recognized (from her blog picture!!) at the conference. She is just precious!

Lelia is another darling gal from She Speaks. She is from Nebraska and leads a wonderful online Bible Study on Tuesdays. She is also a beautiful YOUNG grandmother!

Kelli is from Pennsylvannia and I met her at...you got it! She Speaks! Kelli and her darling roomie, Debbie, rented a convertible from the airport in Raleigh and drove several hours to Charlotte. She is too fun! I have a picture of them pulling out of the hotel!

Paula is an online sister who lives in Indiana. She is a wealth of knowledge, y'all, about the Bible. Her posts are so insightful. I would love to meet her in person one day and just talk to her over a glass of sweet tea!

I encourage you to visit these girlfriends. They all have wonderful blogs!! There were so many others with awesome blogs that I wanted to mention! Only six ....!!! We need to change the rules. Have fun with this!! Thanks, Leebird!

Have a great Sunday!
Blessings,

3 comments:

Paula V said...

Susan, I loved reading these random things about you. How cool is it that both you and your husband were adopted, born in the same hospital and by the same doctor only one year apart. That is neat. I have always wanted to be a runner; however, I've never really done anything about it except envy those who do either leisurely or in races. I bet the trails would be much nicer. I would have to have a wide trail and many people near me because I'm deadly afraid of snakes. I wish I had your "hatred" for chocolate. I'm not a fanatic but I am a dessert fanatic.

Thank you for the wonderful compliment about my knowledge and wanting to meet me for a cup of tea. I'll have to make mine unsweet with splenda though...gotta watch those growing hips...haha.

I have had about four other people tag me and I just obliged to their requests via email. Call me crazy but I just don't want to post it on my blog. I guess I'm not a full fleg meme kind a girl. Don't get me wrong, I'll share just about anything with most people. So, if it's okay, here are the six random things I emailed to the other gals.

First, thank you for choosing me and for desiring to know more about me. I really have no wear to start so I guess I'll just do the first six things that come to mind. I could probably fill a list of 100 things but here goes.

1. I have two nieces who live locally and they are the apples of my eyes. They have gotten me through the worst year of my life and continue to bring me joy during this time. (They are 5 and 7.)
2. I am 34 years old and have a brother who is 13 months older than me. We were accused of being twins all through grade school and high school.
3. I miss my husband and best friend terribly.
4. I bit my nails for most my life until I had to drive across county in 1998 at which time I was able to grow nails because I was behind the wheel of a u-haul for three days (taking turns with my mom.) I've not bitten my nails since and keep them a decent length...though they do still break and are never the same length. (I never go without toe nail polish on my toes during the summer but never wear it during the winter.)
5. I am not a dog lover but I have fallen madly in love with Linda's little pup over at second cup of coffee. (http://2nd-cup-of-coffee.blogspot.com/). If I EVER decide to own a dog, it will definitely be a small cutie like Zoe. I've asked her what kind it is for future reference.
6. Last but not least, I have been a Christian since 1995 at the age of 21 when I went on an Emmaus Walk (weekend retreat).

Hope you have enjoyed this. If I've peaked your curiosity for me, just ask...I'm a fairly open book.

Thanks, Susan, for desiring to know me better. You are sweet.
Love,
Paula

Paula V said...

Susan,
I copied and pasted that email into my To: and sent it but it came back failed. I checked it several times.

You can email me by clicking on my "email me" link.
Love,
PP

Joyful said...

Hi Susan, I think you're precious too!

I just posted my 6 random things about me - added them to the end of my post for today! It describes me through the eyes of my teenage son!

Have a great day!
Love & prayers,
Joy