Thursday, March 10, 2011

Edit of "Spring"


Good morning, sweet friends! Today, we are linking up with another great photographer, Ashley, for editing our spring shots. Hop over and see what she has come up with!

On Monday, I shared a photo of a lovely bush in my backyard (no one has yet to tell me what kind of bush it is!!! Help!!). After looking at the pic, I noticed a beautiful cross. This reminded me of Easter which is not far away. Some of you began Lent yesterday on Ash Wednesday. It represents the 40 days prior to Easter. It's also a time to give up something. Usually this is something that keeps us from drawing closer to God. Instead of thinking about Him, we tend to focus on other things that take up our time. By the end of the day, we've been so busy that we've neglected to give God our best time! For me, that time is first thing in the morning. It's different for each of us. Anyway, I think I know what I'm giving up for Lent. I am going to try and not complain! Of course, I blew it already!! But, we have a loving God who wants us in a relationship with Him. He will take us even when we blow it! I just love that about Him!! Any thoughts about what you are giving up for Lent?

Okay...here is my before and after shot of the flowers of spring. They both are pretty....but my favorite is after the editing. I simply added two actions. Both of these are freebies from Pioneer Woman. I added fresh and colorful without fiddling with the opacity. Then, I ran the boost action at 23%. It just gives it a pop--which I really like! This photo was shot on a manual setting. I love shooting with manual! The other info is  that my shutter speed was 1/250, f/6.3, and the ISO was 320. Hope you enjoy!!













                                                                                               
Sweet blessings,



18 comments:

Kathleen said...

Ooooo! Bring on spring!!

About Lent. I was raised a Catholic so it was an obligatory thing; often one done with ALL the wrong motives. Thus I shy away from it today, preferring other spiritual discplines instead.

Happy spring!
Kathleen

Ashley Sisk said...

Absolutely beautiful job and I love that you see a cross. That's perfect for this time of year. The reason for the season!

Unknown said...

you know i love this shot! now the edit is TOTALLY WOW!!!! beautiful job!

hugs sweet friend and lots of love!

Amy said...

I love that picture and how the branches form a cross. Beautiful indeed.
Hugs,
Amy

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

Hi Susan!

I love the sprigs of spring in the cross shape! Perfect! I have no idea what it is, but it's what I want to put in my copper pot on the island!! :)

Unknown said...

Love how the edit just pops! And how cool that it's a cross?? Nice! :D

Andrea said...

Gorgeous picture! Spring is such a beautiful time!
Blessings,
andrea

Unknown said...

pretty spring in bloom!

Liz said...

Love the cross effect. Just perfect for spring.

Liz said...

Hi I used my 18-55mm lens with a macro filter on.

koreen (aka: winn) said...

it's perfect! love it! :)

Leah Adams said...

Beautiful pic. With regard to Lent....I've chosen to give something up for an entire year. This thing that I give up is something that I really miss, but am using the money that thing costs to support a second child through Compassion. It is so worth the sacrifice.

Leah

Tara said...

Beautiful edits and I love the cross.

julie said...

good to WOW edit!! Love the cross...just beautiful

Cedar said...

Oh! The cross stands out even better in the edit. I love it!

yinxue said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Beautifully done, Susan. Spring has definitely sprung over here... in my yard and in my heart!

peace~elaine

LisaShaw said...

Beautiful shots from a beautiful friend. Thank you Susan for every prayer prayed, your text messages, comments on blog and the love you pour out. I miss our time (me, you and Beth) and our chats at the Girl Gathering!

As for giving up something...mine are permanent changes the LORD has led in my life since the first of January. All are related to the care of "Lisa" and giving more time and attention to that. Too much and too long to share here but I'm so thankful to GOD!

I love you friend.