Friday, February 11, 2011

Meet our Sweet Girl!

Hey, y'all! Just a quick Friday post to update you on LAST Friday's post!  Thanks for all of your sweet comments about our "little girl" that we are sponsoring through Compassion International! Her packet of information and photo arrived in the mail yesterday! And, y'all, she is JUST PRECIOUS!! Here, see for yourselves!

This is Monica! And I fell in love with her sweet little face all over again! She has parents and a sibling, but is in an extremely poverty stricken area. It just makes you want to go there and love on these babies and their families and bring them back home with you!! Thankfully, we are able to sponsor her and pray for her regularly. One day, I hope and pray that I will have the  opportunity to meet her and her family. We will see if my plans are the same as God's plans!

I loved your comments about the children that you too have sponsored! What a blessing....to US! Monica's birthday is in a few weeks...she will be 6! As much as I would LOVE to have a birthday party for her with cake and ice cream and presents, I sit here in my sunny kitchen and wonder what can I send her? I cannot send packages. I can send flat paper items that fit in an envelope. Bookmarks? But does she have books? Sheets from coloring books? Same question...does she have crayons? Do y'all have any ideas that you would be willing to share to help make this sweetie pie's birthday a little more special? I would greatly appreciate it!

I hope that you all have a wonderful weekend! We are hosting a Chocolate Fest for the ladies at our church in the morning! Then, we have a speaker who will be sharing a beautiful love story from God. I cannot wait! I'll let you in on a little secret--for those of you who don't know me personally! I am not a chocolate eater at all! Can't stand the stuff! or the smell! Yes, I am normal (I think!!!). This is a chance to show some agape love to my sisters in Christ who breathe and live chocolate! I will smile and take pictures! Now, if there is white chocolate, move out of my way! I love me some of that! Pictures next week!

Sweet blessings,

8 comments:

SouthernSass said...

Monica is adorable. God bless ya'll for sponsoring her! I think I will take a look at the link you provided.

Can you send small books? You could get some thin paper doll books too; I always loved those!

Have a wonderful weekend and I hope there will be some white chocolate for you!

LeeBird3 said...

Congratulations on beginning a new adventure loving on Monica. How about pictures of you and your family and some pretty pictures of flowers or something that she can hang up in her house.

Train Up a Child -- Encouragement for Moms said...

She IS precious and how exciing!

What about sending silly bands or some little, inexpesive piece of jewelry from Claire's OR write her a story and make into a booklet. Start her a collection of sorts. Stories of hope, love, adventure. You could do it, Susan.

Empty Nest Full Life said...

What a beautiful little girl! I wish I had some creative ideas for you. I think the paper dolls sounds like a great idea. Perhaps pictures of your family, and a beautiful birthday letter. Can't wait to hear what you do, and I will be hoping for some white chocolate for you. Blessings Jackie

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

I can tell you love her already. She is one blessed girl, having you in her corner. ((Hugs to you))

Beth E. said...

She is adorable! I know you are excited to receive Monica's picture.

How about a picture of your family, and maybe some paper dolls?

You are a blessing and inspiration to us all, Susan!

Hugs...

Nathan Thibodeau said...

I found your blog while browsing blogspot. Congratulations on sponsoring a child. My wife and I have sponsored a little boy for about a year through Compassion. It is great to hear how they change in so little time.

Melinda said...

One word...stickers. Kids LOVE them! And if you go to Cracker Barrell they have these little sticker books for about a dollar each (if I remember correctly) but they're great!! I baby sat an almost 6 year old and both her and my oldest daughter always went crazy with the stickers :-)

Another thought, gum. Not sure what the rules are but if its ok, I bet she'd love a small pack of Juicy fruit or Chicklets (they still make those, right?!)

Just a few ideas, hope I'm not too late!