Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sweet Shot Tuesday

Jesus said,"Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." --Matthew 19:14


This is a little brother. There were lots of little brothers running around a high school on Saturday. Little brothers were telling big brothers and friends good-bye for a week. Big brothers and friends are spending a week of their summer doing mission work for those a little less fortunate not too far from where we live.


This little brother just melts my heart! I remember when he was born. He and his family are good friends of ours, and we attend church together. His dad and my hubby coach basketball together. His mom and I have planned parties and activities for the kids over the years together. Now her oldest and my youngest will begin high school in just a few months....where has the time gone?


As hubby and I dropped off our boys for mission camp, we prayed that our boys will stay close to the Lord so He can help them share their gifts and talents to accomplish His purpose (Praying the Scriptures for your Child--Fern Nichols). This makes year 4 for child #1 at this camp. His faith has grown each time. I love watching Christ work through him. And, this is year 1 for my little one! Praying that he drinks a ton of water and gatorade and just stays hydrated so God can do a good work through him too!!

Join me over at Sweet Shot Tuesday for more great picutres!


Sweet Blessings,

12 comments:

Karli @ The Bonnie 5 said...

Ohhh! Fantastic blog - what a great message (and a sweet, sweet face in your photo). Wonderful! :-)

Shelly said...

I understand about wondering where the time goes! My oldest graduated this year, my middle starts highschool and my baby starts kindergarten :) And my middle son goes to Youth Conference/Camp for the second time in a few weeks....God does amazing things there....I love watching them grow spiritually!

Sharon Sloan said...

awwwww....that is a sweet shot!

Will lifting your guys up in prayer!!! Excited to hear all the Lord does!!!

Praying for mommy too....

Andrea said...

Hope the boys have a beautifully blessed trip.

Blessings,
andrea

Linda said...

Lovely blog and I have enjoyed being here!
Blessings.

Sarah said...

Delighted to meet you today. I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you better. This looks like a delightful place to slip off my shoes and splash around.

Splashin,
Sara

patty said...

that is a sweet shot, for sure! what a face!!! :)

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Time does fly, and I will pray for those boys. Mine is counseling at camp for the next two weeks. Seems like yesterday he was the camper. Jackie

韋富 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gotta Run..... said...

When you think about is we are all doing mission work of some kind everyday.

I am sure your boys were a blessing.

http://bitsandpieces-sonja.blogspot.com/ said...

These camps and mission experiences are forming your boys for all the years ahead. I remember so many of those days from years ago, and the things God showed me that I probably didn't even catch at the time, but later they were all still there, part of the mix. I love that you as parents are giving these opportunities to your kids!

Sunday hugs!

Sonja

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Hi Susan,

God's blessings to you ... and especially to your sons at mission camp. I love how you nurture your children's spiritual gifts like you do, praying that God will use those gifts to glorify Him. And yes, yes! Even the children among the body of Christ have been given special gifts!

And Susan? Thanks for your kind words over at Getting Down With Jesus. You mentioned you might head over to High Calling Blogs. It really is a vibrant, wonderful community. If you want to know anything more about the HCB network, let me know. Shoot me an email anytime!

Grace and peace to you, sweet sister ...