Friday, June 27, 2008

She Speaks...One Week Later



Last Friday, as I drove to NC, I had some time to ponder about my upcoming weekend. The week had been quite busy--the norm around our house! It was nice to be able to relax, listen to the radio station/CD of my choice, and chat with God. I was on my way to the She Speaks conference hosted by Proverbs 31 Ministries. I had been receiving their daily devotional for several years, and now I had the opportunity to see what this ministry was truly about.

Now, y'all, I knew absolutely no one attending this three day event. Over 500 women from 40 states and 4 countries had signed up to attend! A friend called while I was zipping through Charlotte and was quite surprised that I was going by myself. There was a little hint of concern in her voice as this was way out of my comfort zone. I assured her that I was fine, had several girls that I had been in touch with through email that were attending, and I was quite comfy with the situation. As a matter of fact, I was more concerned about a girl named Joy. I had stumbled upon Joy's blog by "accident" the night before we left for the conference. Traveling on planes was a fear that she had. And ...she was coming in from Canada!! Joy had been on my heart since Thursday. I even posted on her blog that I would pray fervently for her. I don't think that it was an accident that I discovered her blog. http://www.princessjoyful.blogspot.com/

Reaching the hotel was a relief! I gathered my things from the car and headed into the lobby. There were women swarming all over the place! I saw some of the cutest shoes and outfits!! Oh, my! I turned around while standing in the line to get my room key. I saw this darling girl sitting on a bench that looked familiar. I had recently seen a picture of her. Y'all....it was Joy!





Well, I walked over to her and introduced myself and just gave her a big hug! She was precious! She had arrived with out any trouble. God is SOO good. The Lord was already there at that conference working on hearts and minds. His presence was huge! I think He just had a "big time" last weekend with all of us!!

"I will never fail you. I will never abandon you." So we can say with confidence,"The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?" Heb. 13:5-6

Blessings!

2 comments:

LeeBird3 said...

Susan, Your blog sounds just like your voice! It makes me miss you very much! I feel that meeting you was one of my greatest blessings at She Speaks! You're one my treasures! Love you, Lee

Joyful said...

Susan....you are a treasure!!! Thank you for your kind words, but even more for your prayers! You were part of my journey - and I know God allowed you to find my blog and encourage my heart.

I have a post that includes you coming up....before the end of the week - I'll let you know when I hit "publish". (Writing in order of events.)

A cherish you as a new and precious friend,
Joy